DATAData is the collection of raw facts and figures. It is without any proper meaning.
Data may be collection of words, numbers, graphics or sounds.
Examples of Data
1) Student Data on Admission FormsWhen students get admission in a college. They fill admission form. This form contains raw facts (data of student) like name, father’s name, address of student etc.
2) Data of CitizensDuring census, data of all citizens is collected.
3) Survey DataDifferent companies collect data by survey to know the opinion of people about their product.
4) Students Examination dataIn examination data about obtained marks of different subjects for all students is collected.
Types Of DataThere are following main types of Data.
1) NUMERIC DATA
Numeric data consists of 0 to 9 digits, + and – sign and decimal point etc.
For example, 10, 78, 90.50, -56 etc
2) ALPHABETIC DATAIt consists of all alphabetic letters A to Z, a to z and blank space etc. For example, Pakistan, Ahmad, Abdul Rahim, GCC , RYK, Ahmad etc.
3) ALPHANUMERIC DATAIt consists of alphabet letters, digits and special characters like #, $, % etc.
For example, House Number 10-A, 14-August-1947, F-16 etc.